Thursday, September 23, 2010

Newsletter for Sept 27 - Oct 1


Can you believe we’ve been in school for over a month now?  October is almost here!  I got so busy last week that I did not have a chance to send home the name homework!  I am sending it home today!  Remember that students should be learning the correct way to write their names.  They should only have a capital at the beginning of their name; the rest of the letters should be lower case. 

Last week we reviewed the sight words the and we.  So even though we do not have new words to add this week, please make sure you are still helping your child with I, we, can and the.

As a Kindergarten team we have decided to increase our security during the AM session pick up time.  Instead of keeping kids in front of the school until parents arrive, we are going to have them inside the gated Kindergarten playground until we see their parents.  You do not have to get out of your cars but you need to be parked in a safe area before I will let them go to you.  Even though this does not apply to the PM session, I still want to remind everyone to be safe when picking up/dropping off students!  Make sure you are parked in the designated areas –we want to make sure that there are no accidents!

Looking ahead, October 7th is Riverside’s Math Night.  It will be very similar to our Literacy night, but obviously we will be introducing you to our Mathematics program instead of our Literacy program.  If your child missed picture day or you would like retakes, picture retakes are scheduled to be on October 20th.  Fall Break will be October 15th through 18th.

One more thing, I am really trying to be eco-friendly so, if you have accepted your invitation to the class blog, this will be the last hard copy of the weekly newsletter.  I will continue sending hard copies to those who still have not accepted their invitations or those who do not have Internet access. 

If you have any questions or concerns about anything please call me or email me! 652-4760 jjacobson@res.washk12.org



No comments:

Post a Comment