Sunday, September 19, 2010

Newsletter for Sept 20-24


I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Thank you to all who came to our Literacy Night on Thursday!  We had a great turn out! 

The most recent sight word we’ve learned is the.  So now your child should be able to read the words: I, can, we and the.  Please review those with your child whenever you have the chance! 

Also, I will be sending home a name homework sheet with each student this week.  Students should be learning the correct way to write their names.  They should only have a capital at the beginning of their name; the rest of the letters should be lower case.  I would like to have your child practice writing their name every day.  Please take the name homework sheet that I will be sending home and make copies so that your child can practice each day.  

Remember that Wednesday is Picture Day!  If you are interested in purchasing pictures please fill out the paper that was sent home and return in to me before Wednesday.

I believe we have finalized our center volunteers for the year!  I still have a couple of days with no volunteers; so if you would like to help out please let me know.  The days I still need help for are Wednesday (AM Session) and Monday (PM Session).

If you have any questions or concerns about anything please call me or email me! 652-4760 jjacobson@res.washk12.org

Thank you for all your help and support!  You are amazing parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment