I hope everyone had a great weekend! Remember that Thursday is Literacy Night! We will have 2 sessions; the first will begin at 5:30 PM in my classroom. Your children will be able to go into the lunchroom for some literacy games while I present a quick slideshow about our new literacy program. Hope to see you there! J
We have just finished making 2 classroom books! One is a math book of “silly creatures” the students have made and the other is a get-to-know-you book that has pictures and some information about each child. The students are SO excited to show you that I decided we would send these 2 books home! So along with sending home the Principal Book of the Month, starting on Monday, each child will have the opportunity to take these books home to share with you too!
In the Kindergarten end-of-the year testing students are required to know certain words. We call these sight words or high frequency words. Every couple of weeks students will learn a new sight word. Each student is responsible to know these words so in my weekly newsletter I will make sure to write down what words we’ve learned so far so that you can help your students remember them. So far we have learned: I, can, we. Please review those with your child whenever you have the chance!
Remember that Wednesday September 22nd is Picture Day! Let’s get dressed up! J If you have any questions or concerns about anything please call me or email me! 652-4760 jjacobson@res.washk12.org
Thank you for your help and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment