Remember that Thursday is Math Night. It will be very similar to our Literacy night, but obviously we will be introducing you to our Mathematics program instead of our Literacy program.
On Monday October 11th Riverside is hosting a fundraiser at Red Robbin. From 5 to 8 PM our staff and faculty will be serving drinks and fries along with your meal if you come on in! A small percentage of your bill will be donated to our school. The Kindergarten team (Mrs. Buzzell, Mrs. Hatch and I) will be serving from 5 to 6 PM –please come visit us with your child! It will be a fun night!
Remember that if your child missed picture day or you would like retakes, picture retakes are scheduled to be on October 20th. Also, Fall Break will be October 15th through 18th.
I am sending home the first book order of the year! Book orders are great for Christmas gifts! There are 2 catalogs to look through, See-Saw and Firefly. For those unfamiliar with book orders, here’s what you need to do: look through the catalog and mark on the order form what you want to order (the order form is on the back of the catalog). Please make sure that your child’s name is on the form and that you have marked all the books you want. When you have filled it out, write a check out to Scholastic (NO cash and NO checks to me!) and bring back to school the form plus the money. This first book order is due Wednesday October 13th.
Each time I send a book order home, I like to give you a small list of great books and deals found in that month’s issue. This month, in the See-Saw catalog I found some great books that I know the kids will enjoy: #72 and #73 “The Skippyjon Jones Collection” is darling and very funny! #49 “The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog” The kids LOVE all the pigeon books! #46 “Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!” is a great deal… only $1!
In the Firefly catalog this month I recommend: #35 “Llama Llama Holiday Drama” and #37 “Llama Llama Trio” are great buys for rhyming books and the kids love them! #69 “The Story of Ferdinand” is one of my favorite books! I obviously love that it takes place in Spain (where I’m from) but also it’s a GREAT story! #19 “The Gingerbread Man” We have already talked about this story as a class but I think it’s such a great buy for only $1.
There’s one more thing about the book orders. Every time you purchase a book, I receive some points. I use those points to purchase new books for the classroom. So not only are you buying for your family but you are also helping our classroom! On your catalogs you’ll see something about ordering online and how that can give our class free books as well, but the ordering online service is unpredictable and hard to use. I hard a difficult time with it last year, so I am NOT going to attempt to use it this year. Just remember, whenever you order you are still helping us receive free books.
I am so sorry for the novel this week! If something doesn’t make sense or you have additional questions or concerns please call me or email me! 652-4760 jjacobson@res.washk12.org
No comments:
Post a Comment