Monday, October 18, 2010

Newsletter for Oct 19-22

I hope everyone had a fabulous Fall Break!!!  This week we are studying the word see and the letter Tt.  Also, help your child review the sight words and letters we've already studied!  Next week is Halloween!  Our class parties will be on Friday October 29.  The times for those parties are: AM class 9:30 to 10:30 and PM class 12:00 to 1:00.  Parents who would like to come and help out please let  the Room Mother know!  Our AM Room Mother is Dixie Christopherson 688-9120 and our PM Room Mother is Stacy Heaps 251-8142.  The Kindergartners have their own separate parade from the rest of the school.  We will have our parade around the Kindergarten playground.  The AM class will begin their parade at 9:15 and the PM class will begin their parade at 11:45.  If you have any questions about the Halloween party or/and parade please let me know!

Since class parties can be expensive I am asking for a small donation of $3 (or less if you cannot afford $3) to help us buy the supplies needed.  This donation will be used for as many parties as possible, meaning, we will try to use the money for the Halloween party, the Christmas party and the Valentine's Day party.  ANY donation is a real help and I thank you in advance for your willingness to donate! 

Also, with the donation I will be purchasing treats so there is NO need to buy candy for the Halloween party!  Each student will get a small baggie of candy from me, and we will be decorating sugar cookies, plus we will have a "witches brew" so I don't think there is any need for MORE candy!  :)

I am in the process of putting together a "Show and Tell Bucket."  Many students have asked if they can show the class something and I have told them no because I am trying to get the Show and Tell Bucket ready.  Please remind students that they cannot bring things to school to show the class UNTIL it's their turn to have the bucket.  I will be sending home more info about it soon!

Thank you for all the help and support you give your child and our class!  I REALLY appreciate it!  If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call or email me! jjacobson@res.washk12.org   652-4760

No comments:

Post a Comment