Friday, January 24, 2014

Newsletter for January 27 - 31

We have 2 new sight words this week!  They are for and you.  We also have 2 new letters: Dd and Rr.  In math we will continue to work on composing and decomposing numbers 11-19.  Remember that your child should be able to recognize (out of order) and write numbers 0-20.  If your child is still struggling with either task, please work with them at home!  YouTube has some great videos for learning the teen numbers.  

This Thursday is our 100th day of Kindergarten!  We will be doing all sorts of fun activities centered on the number 100.  Centers will be 1 hour instead of the usual 30 minutes.  I am looking for (hopefully!) 2 moms who will come in and help!  AM centers that day will be from 9:30 to 10:30 and PM centers will be from 1:15 to 2:15.  If you would be willing to help out please call or text me to let me know! 668-5027

Especially in the mornings, it has been really cold.  I have had several students ask if they can come in early because they are cold.  I am still getting things ready until the very last moment so I've had to say no BUT if your child is getting to school early (especially the bus kids who arrive at school 20 minutes early) please dress them warmly!  Make sure they have coats or jackets and even gloves or mittens.   

Looking ahead, our Valentine's Day party is Friday February 14.  I will be sending a note home with more information but your child is going to be in charge (along with you) of making a Valentine's Day box for all their candy!  This should be a fun family project!

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know!  Thank you!  jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment