Monday January 20 is Martin Luther King Jr Day and there will be NO SCHOOL. Also, our 100th day of kindergarten will be on Thursday January 30! There is nothing you need to do for it, but I just wanted to let you know!
Most of you have probably seen by now the bright orange Kite Festival calendar that was sent home. I have explained to the kids that if they read with you each night (they read or you read, it doesn't matter) and you write down those minutes on that orange paper, then you can take it to the Kite Festival for a free kite or a free book. This is an amazing opportunity to promote reading! I know in years past my students have loved it! Also, for the last 3 years our class has won pizza parties and ice cream parties so... let's not break the winning streak! If we have more than 50% of our class turn in their minutes then we are entered in to win either a pizza or ice cream party! Happy reading!
There are still several students who have not completed more than 1 or 2 task cards. If you need a new task card please let me know. Also, if your child has finished the task cards but you would like extra homework for them let me know. I have a little packet that I can send home with them to work on each week.
As always, thank you for your help and support! If you have any questions please let me know! Thank you! jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027
No comments:
Post a Comment