Friday, January 17, 2014

Newsletter for January 21 - 24

This week we are starting a new literacy unit!  We will be learning about the sight word are and the letter Hh.  As a reminder, the sight words your child should know so far are: a, can, go, have, I, is, like, play, see, the, to and we.  We have also started working on independent writing!  The kids have loved it!  Most days we will try to write in our journals.  I would encourage that your child have a home journal where they can write or draw anything they'd like.  In math we will continue to work on composing and decomposing numbers 11-19.

Again, if you would like extra homework for your child (if they have finished all 15 task cards) please let me know.  And if your child needs to finish their task cards but you have lost one or do not know which one is next, please let me know.  

Reminder --Don't forget to record your reading minutes for the Kite Festival!  I know the students are very excited about the upcoming event!  I hope most of you will be able to attend! 

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know!  Thank you for your help and support!  jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment