HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break! I had an amazing time visiting my dad in Brazil but it feels good to be back to work! I have sure missed those cuties!
This week is short so we are going to try and work hard to get everything in! Our new sight word is play and the new letter is Ff. I will be sending home 2 of the paper sight words books (the ones you keep at home). In math our new topic is "Exploring 2-D Shapes and Patterns." For science we will be discussing features of animals.
In the next couple of weeks I will be assessing all students' reading levels. If your child is already reading their own take home books, I will assess to see if they might need to move up a level or two. If your child is not reading their own take home books, I will determine if they are now ready.
Looking ahead, Monday January 16, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We will have no school. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! Thank you! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027
No comments:
Post a Comment