Friday, January 6, 2012

Newsletter for January 9-13

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  It was nice to have a short week to ease back into our routines!  This week we are going to review the sight words is and play.  We will also review the letters Oo and Ff.  In math we will continue studying 2-D shapes and patterns.  Looking ahead, next Monday January 16 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and there will be no school. 

On Monday I will be sending home your child's Kite Festival Recoding sheet.  Please do not lose this paper!  This is a wonderful opportunity for your child to read every day and to receive a reward for their dedication and hard work.  The Kite Festival itself is so much fun and I know many families have made it a yearly tradition to attend.  Also, if we get the highest participation (highest number is students turning in their recording sheets) our class could be eligible to win $1,000 for classroom supplies!  The minutes you are already reading on logging onto our Riverside Reading Calendars can be used for this contest!

One more thing, in my PM class I have a few students who are arriving too early.  I basically need every single minute I have in between sessions to get ready for the afternoon class.  If you could please have students arrive no earlier than 12:35 PM that would be great!

If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know!  Thank you for your help and support!  jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment