I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! Christmas is right around the corner and in the next 3 weeks we are going to get as much learning done as possible!
This week we begin Literacy Unit 4 which centers around food. We will learn the new sight word to and the letter of the week will be Nn. Please remember to review the sight words and letters that we have learned thus far. You can always look at the last page of your child's report card to see what sight words and letters are still not mastered. In math we will continue to work on 3-D shapes and exploring numbers 0-9. Your child should start practicing writing their numbers up to 10. That would be a great piece of extra homework!
I am sending home today your child's ConnectEd username and password. This website has great resources and games that your child can use at home. The website is on the card I'm sending home, along with the username and password. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! I am fairly new to ConnectEd but if I can't help you, we will find someone who can.
Looking ahead, we will have our class Christmas party on Friday December 16. If you would like to help out please let my room mothers know. My AM room mothers are Jill Nielsen 862-9829 and Ashley Peterson 862-4317. My PM room mothers are Brandy Milne 619-1106 and Megan Paxman 862-9280.
One last thing --I am going to be visiting my father this Christmas in Brazil. I am taking a few personal days off so I can spend as much time with my family as possible. This means I will have a substitute teacher in class from Monday December 19 to Wednesday December 21. But I will be back for the new year! :)
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027
No comments:
Post a Comment