Friday, November 4, 2011

Newsletter for November 7-11

I decided to post this week's newsletter early!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I actually love that the weather is cooling down!

This week we will be reviewing the sight words see and go.  We will also review the letters Tt and Ii.  In math last week I  introduced 3-D shapes in math.  Please review cylinder, cone, cube and sphere with your child!  Have your child make connections between the 3-D shapes and objects used in their daily lives.  On Thursday and Friday we will be doing an assessment.  It is very important that your child does not miss either of those days because they will have to make up the assessment later on which is difficult to do with our limited time in school!

Remember that this Monday, November 7 is an early out day!  AM Kindergarten will be from 9:00 to 11:00 and PM Kindergarten will be from 12:00 to 2:00.  Also looking ahead, SEPs are the week of November 14-17.  Please make sure you sign and return to me your blue SEP Notification!  I told the students that if they bring back their paper signed by mom or dad that I will give them candy! (I know, I'm terrible for bribing them with sugar!!) 

In connection to SEPs, there will be NO KINDERGARTEN on Monday November 14 and Tuesday November 15.  The rest of the week we will be on Early Out Friday schedule: AM Kindergarten will be from 9:00 to 10:40 and PM Kindergarten will be from 11:35 to 1:15.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know!  Thank you for your help and support!  I LOVE having your children in my class! :) jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment