I hope everyone had a wonderful fall break! We are only 2 weeks away from Halloween! Can you believe it?! Please make sure you read my take home note about our class Halloween parade, which will be on Friday the 28th. After the parade will be our class Halloween party. If you would like to help out please let me know as soon as possible.
Before I forget, we are in dire need of snacks! Donations would be greatly appreciated! I have already told students that if we don't have snacks we will not be able to have snack time.
This week is a review of the sight words like and a. We will also be reviewing the letters Ss and Pp. Please remember to review with your child all of the sight words and letters we've learned so far! The sight words we've covered thus far in the year are a, can, I, like, the and we. The letters we've covered thus far are Mm, Aa, Ss and Pp.
This week I will be sending home a special homework assignment. Each year all the kindergarten students make their very own turkey collage. Students can use any sort of materials and can decorate it any way they want. As kindergarten teachers we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to work together with your child in creating a unique piece of art. The students' turkeys will be displayed on our bulletin board all the month of November and right before Thanksgiving, the turkeys will go home to "celebrate" Thanksgiving with your family. :) Turkeys are due on Thursday October 27th, the day before the Halloween parade & party! If you would like to return them earlier you may. Please don't turn them in late since I would like to have them all up by the 28th.
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! Thank you for your help and support! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027
No comments:
Post a Comment