Friday, October 7, 2011

Newsletter for October 10-12

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  The students and I are enjoying the cooler weather at recess!  This week is short: lots to do in 3 days!  We are learning the new sight word a and the new letter Pp.  In math we will continue to work  on counting to 10.  The new paper book that the students will bring home is entitled 'I Like.'  Please make sure they are practicing their sight words and reviewing those little books frequently.

Some students have finished all 15 task cards and are wanting more homework (weird, huh?).  If your child has already finished the 15 task cards and you would like me to give them some extra work, I will put together a weekly packet that will be sent home on Monday and that will be completed and returned to me on Friday.  Please just email me or send a note to me in your child's folder and I will set that up!

Some students have complained to me that they did not receive a reading necklace.  I want to explain how this works: each month I will give you a reading calendar on which you will write down the minutes you read to your child or that they read to you (or both).  Then at the end of the month you will return the calendar to me, I will add up the minutes, and the kindergarten class with the most minutes will win a treat!  Plus, each student will receive a new charm for his/her necklace.  Because September was the first month of the reading calendar, students receive a charm AND a necklace.  If for some reason you lose the calendar you can 1) get a new one in the office or 2) write on a paper or post it how many minutes you read that month and turn it into me.  I hope this clears up any misunderstandings!

Don't forget, NO SCHOOL next Thursday and Friday, October 13 and 14!  I hope everyone has a fun and safe Fall Break!  If you are heading to Disneyland for the break, maybe I'll see you there! :)

Thank you for all your help and support!  If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me or call me! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment