I hope everyone had a good weekend! We only have 13 days of school left! Can you believe it?! We have had such an amazing year! Your students have learned a lot and grown into first graders! I'm sure going to miss them!
This week we are studying the sight words where and me. Your child should now know all 39 sight words! Please review all these words, especially before our post-assessment week! We are also going to be learning the letters Yy and Zz. Along with knowing their letters and sight words, students should be able to recognize and write numbers 1 to 30.
Book orders are due this Wednesday! Please make sure to place your order online as soon as possible! If you do not remember how to access the book clubs online, refer back to my past newsletters. There should be step by step directions.
I will be sending home this week your assigned date and time for post-assessments. Remember that these assessments last 30 minutes. Also it is helpful if younger siblings are not present since it sometimes makes it hard for the student to concentrate.
Our class programs will be on Friday May 13. AM Kindergarten will have their program from 9:30 to 10:00 AM and PM Kindergarten will have their program from 12:00 to 12:30 PM. I encourage all parents to attend! The students are very excited to show off for you!
This summer your child will have access to an exciting internet program called ConnectEd. This program will allow your student to practice reading and phonics. This is optional and will only be available from now until the second week of July. If you are interesting in participating please let me know and I will give you a copy of your child's username and password.
One more thing! We are still in need of some snacks, both in the AM and the PM classes!
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 652-4760
I am interested in the reading and phonics program.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much.
You are a wonderful teacher!!!