Friday, August 29, 2014

Newsletter for September 2 - 5

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  This week we are reviewing the sight words I and can.  In math we are practicing writing and recognizing numbers 0-10.  If possible, please have your child practice writing their numbers at home too.

I am sending home this week a note on how to sign your child up for an online reading log.  It will show you how to do that and then you will be able to track your child's reading over the internet.  I will be able to see it too and will hand out prizes depending on what level they are at.  Obviously in kindergarten, you will record the minutes YOU read to your child.

Also, starting this week I will be sending home the show and tell bag with each student.  It's a BYU bag and has a book inside that you will read with your child.  There will also be a paper with the book explaining what to do next.  Please bring the bag and book back as soon as possible since we need to make sure everyone has a turn!

Starting next week (September 8-12) we will begin our "Leader of the Week."  Each week one child will be spotlighted and they will be my helper for the entire week.  When it is your child's turn, I will send a note home informing you and a spotlight page I'd like you to fill out and return to me.

To those parents who have signed up to help at centers, we will begin on Monday September 8.  AM centers are from 9:30 to 10:00 and PM centers are from 1:15 to 1:45.  I will send a note home reminding you of the time and date you signed up for.  If there is a week you can't make, please just email or text me and let me know.  Also, I will be sending a blue form that you will need to fill out and return to me in order to help in class.

One more thing, picture day is Wednesday September 10.  I will be sending a paper home for you to fill out if you wish to purchase school pictures.  You have to either pay online BEFORE the 10th OR bring in a check/cash the day of.  You will NOT be able to purchase pictures afterward so please be aware.

If you have any question or concerns please let me know!  jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment