Friday, August 15, 2014

Newsletter for August 18 - 22

Dear parents, this is the first week of kindergarten!  Can you believe it's finally here?  I am thrilled to have each and every one of your children in my class this year!  I know it's going to be a wonderful year filled with many fun learning experiences!

This week we will be focusing on classroom procedures and rules.  We are also going to jump right in and learn our first new sight word: I.  Luckily it's an easy one!  We will also be reviewing all the letter of the alphabet before we focus on one each week.

If you signed up to help at center time, please be aware that I will not be needing you until probably mid September.  It takes me about 4-6 weeks to train the students on center procedures.  I will send a note home as the time nears, with a reminder of the date and time you picked and with the exact date we will begin.

This year we have a student with a severe allergy to tree nuts.  We want to keep them safe so I ask you not to bring in anything that may contain nuts into our classroom.  I have a reminder outside my door as well.  I appreciate your consideration!

Some additional information: the parent-teacher conferences (SEPs) held in August will NOT be for kindergarten.  They are only for grades 1-5.  Our first SEPs will be in November.  Also, there will be NO SCHOOL on Monday September 1 for Labor Day.

If you have not signed up for our text message group please do so ASAP.  I will be sending weekly texts to remind you to check this website along with other important information.  If you do not wish for texts or do not have a cell phone please let me know.  I can send a hard copy of our newsletter home.

I am so excited for this new school year!  Thank you ahead of time for your help and support!  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know!  668-5027 or jenny.jacobson@wask12.org

No comments:

Post a Comment