This week we are learning about the sight words I and can. We will continue reviewing the whole alphabet. In math we are learning to count and write the numbers.
I will be sending homework for the first time this week. Please read the instructions carefully and make sure your child has mastered those skills before signing and returning the task card. I will not ask each child to demonstrate each task on the list but will select 1 or 2 at random.
This week I will also be sending out little paper books that your child will receive each week. These little books are to practice reading the kindergarten sight words we are learning. Please keep these and review them with your child often.
Next Monday September 1 is Labor Day so there will be NO SCHOOL. Also, Monday September 15 will be a short day. That means that AM kindergarten will come from 9:00 to 10:30 and PM kindergarten will come from 10:45 to 12:45. This early schedule is due to teacher training and we will have several other days like that through out the week. As September 15 nears I will send out a note to remind everyone.
For the PM class --I am still in need of one more parent volunteer for art with Mrs. Best. These are (6) hour long sessions where you will help her with the art lesson (passing out papers, making sure kids are following instructions, etc.). If someone would like to volunteer please let me know ASAP. You can email me or text me at jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027.
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! Thank you for your help and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment