This week is... short! We will only have school on Monday and Tuesday and then we are off the Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
Since it's a short week we will not be doing anything new in literacy or math --just review what we have learned so far. On Tuesday we will have a corn tasting party! I will bring in different foods made out of corn and after tasting them all we will vote and graph which ones we liked best.
Also, the school Homecoming parade will be on Tuesday afternoon --I spoke to Mr. Staheli and he said it would be at 1:30. AM parents, if you are coming to the school to see older children, you are more than welcome to bring your kindergartner so that they can be in the parade with us. But you are not required to attend. The PM will however be participating. It should be lots of fun!
I am thrilled to announce that our classes (AM and PM) have been selected to decorate the Christmas tree at Zions Bank on River Road! This is such a fun opportunity for the children to be crafty AND for our class to earn some extra money for supplies! During the 2 days before Thanksgiving break and the 3 days following the break, we will be hard at work making up to 3 ornaments each. Then on Wednesday December 4 I will go to the bank after school and decorate the tree. I would love having some mom (or dad!) volunteers to help set up the tree! If you are interested in help me out please let me know as soon as possible.
I hope everyone has a wonderful (and safe!) Thanksgiving break! I am so grateful for your children in my class and count each and every one of them as a blessing in my life! Thank you! If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027
No comments:
Post a Comment