Friday, March 2, 2012

Newsletter for March 5-9

First off, I want to thank all of you for meeting with me during SEP week!  It was so nice to visit with all of you and share your child's achievements!  I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful group of kids!
This week we are beginning a new Language Arts unit about Plants.  Our new sight words are little and said.  Our new letter of the week is Kk.  In math we are starting a new unit as well on measurement.
I mentioned to a few of you at SEPs that there are 2 wonderful educational websites that I recommend using at home.  The first one is starfall.com and the second one is tumblebooks.com.  You need a username and password for the Tumble Books and it is --username: riversideelem password: books  Please let me know if you have any problems accessing these 2 websites.
All next week is Spring Break!  There will be no school from Monday March 12 to Friday March 16.  Also looking ahead, our Easter Break will be on Friday April 6 and Monday April 9.  The day before Easter Break, Thursday March 5 we will have an Easter Egg Hunt and picnic in class.  Students will bring a sack lunch and a blanket or towel from home.  As the time approaches I will send a note home with more details.

One more thing: we go through a LOT of glue sticks in kindergarten and I am in need of more glue sticks right now.  Any donations would be GREATLY appreciated! 
Thank you all for your help and support.  Parents are very important in making it a good year for the students and you have made it a wonderful year!  Thank you!  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment