Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Newsletter for January 20 - 23

I am sorry that the last couple of weeks I haven't posted a newsletter!  It's been harder getting back into the grove of things than I thought!

This week we are starting a new unit in literacy.  Our new sight word is are and our new letter is Hh.  These are the sight words your child should know so far: I, can, we, the, like, a, see, go, to, have, is, play.  Please review these words with your child.  In math we will be finishing up our unit on subtraction.

Wednesday night (January 21) will be our school's Literacy Night.  It will be from 6 to 7 PM and should be a lot of fun!  There will be games, teachers reading aloud and even some prizes!

Next week, on Wednesday January 28, we will celebrate the 100th day of kindergarten!  Students can dress up like they are 100 years old and we will be doing a bunch of literacy and math activities connected to the number 100.  It should be a really fun day!

Then on Thursday and Friday (January 29-30) there will be a substitute in class.  I am going down to Phoenix for a job fair/interviews for the coming school year.  I am SO sad to leave Riverside and all the amazing families here but for personal reasons I've decided to embark on a new journey to Arizona!

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know!  Thank you for your love and support!  It means a lot!  jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment