Friday, November 16, 2012

Newsletter for November 19-20

It's a short week!  Because we are only in school 2 days this week, we will not be introducing any new sight words or letters.  Also, there will be no centers.  On Monday we will have a corn tasting party.  Students will get to try 3 different foods made out of corn and then we will graph which one was our favorite.  On Tuesday is the school's Homecoming Parade and Turkey Bowl.  Our BYU T-shirts are in, so I will hand them out on Monday and students will wear them on Tuesday for the parade!  The parade will begin at 1:30 so AM parents, you are more than welcome to bring your child at that time.  They can walk in the parade with us and then they will return to you.  You are also invited to stay for the Turkey Bowl.  5th grade students will be playing against a few of the teachers.  There will be Star Class both Monday and Tuesday.

The week after Thanksgiving, remember that there will be NO kindergarten on Monday and Tuesday.  The rest of the week will be regular Friday schedule (AM 9:00-10:40 and PM 11:35-1:15).  There will be Star Class on that Wednesday and Thursday, it will just be a shortened schedule and they will be out by 1:15 PM. 

Now that the weather is getting colder, please make sure your child brings a jacket/coat.  If they do not have a jacket/coat I will not allow them to go out to recess and they will have to sit in the office.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I am very thankful this year to have such amazing students!  They are amazing!  I look forward to meeting individually with you in a couple of weeks!  Thank you for all your help and support!  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment