I hope everyone had a good weekend! This week we will begin a new Topic in the Treasures program focusing on Weather/Seasons. We have 2 new sight words to learn: this and do. The new letter is Ee. Please remember that Monday is an early out day due to district training! AM Kindergarten will go from 9 to 11 AM and PM Kindergarten will go from 12 to 2 PM.
A week from Monday is Valentine's Day! Please remember that each child is in charge of making their own Valentine's Box! Also don't forget that each student needs to bring Valentines for the class. There are 21 students in the AM class and 22 students in the PM class. On the 14th, we will have 2 Valentine's centers: one will be a treat and the other a game. After centers we will pass out our Valentines.
Please be aware that Monday February 21st is Presidents Day and there will be no school. Also SEP week will be from February 28th to March 4th. During SEP week, there will be no school on Monday or Tuesday. Then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be a shortened schedule (Friday schedule).
SEP week is also Dr. Seuss week! On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we will be reading different Dr. Seuss books. In addition, we will have daily activities that center on Dr. Seuss and literacy. I will let you know more as it gets closer.
One more thing I would like you to be aware of --Arbor Day posters. Our school is involved in the Utah Arbor Day Poster Contest. Any student from Kindergarten to 5th grade can participate. Unfortunately, we do not have time to do this as a class BUT if your child is interested in drawing a poster please let me know. I have a flyer with rules and instructions that I can give to you.
I love having your child in my class! I am so lucky to have the BEST students in the school! I love coming to work everyday! Thank you for your help and support --it means a lot! If you have any questions or concerns please let me know! jjacobson@res.washk12.org or 652-4760
No comments:
Post a Comment