Two more weeks until Christmas break! Can you believe it?! This week we will be reviewing the last two sight words: to and have. We will also be reviewing the letters Nn and Cc. On Friday we will be taking the assessment for Treasures Unit 4. Besides reviewing and assessing, we will continue to focus on the holidays! We have been making some fun art projects for Christmas!
In case you did not see my previous post, we are running low on snacks! It would be greatly appreciated if you could send something to school with your child. Also, for those of you who I sent notes home about half-birthdays, you are more than welcome to bring in a birthday snack on that day.
We are still having a bit of a problem with students not being dressed appropriately for the colder weather. If your child does not bring a jacket/coat OR comes in wearing shorts, I will send them to sit in the office during recess. It is getting colder and I want to make sure no one catches cold. Plus, I don't like to hear kids whining all through recess that they are freezing.
I have finished assessing students' reading levels! If your child is ready to read, starting on Monday they will be bringing only 1 book home --a book that they will read to you! If your child does not bring home their own reading book, do not fret! I will re-test them after the holidays!
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know! 652-4760 jjacobson@res.washk12.org
No comments:
Post a Comment