Thursday, May 1, 2014

Newsletter for May 5 - 9

This is our last full week of kindergarten!  Crazy!  We are learning the sight words me and where.  We are also talking about the letters Yy and Zz.  Don't forget this is our theme week!

MONDAY  Bubble Day!!!  Please make sure your child brings their own bubbles!

TUESDAY  Circus Day!!!  Students can dress up silly like a clown!

WEDNESDAY  Popcorn Day!!!  We will be tasting 5 different types of popcorn: plain, cheddar, caramel, butter and kettle.  I have already assigned specific parents to bring the popcorn in.

THURSDAY  Ice cream Day!!!  I will provide ice cream for the whole class!

TUESDAY MAY 20  Beach Day!!!  Students can bring beach towels, wear sandals and sunglasses while we sit outside and read books.  I will provide some Popsicles.

I will try and send out reminder texts about these days, especially those where the kids have to bring something or dress up.

I sent a note home about our class field trip to Staheli Farm on May 19.  I need ALL the papers signed and returned or your child will NOT be able to attend.  Please bring those back as soon as possible!

Don't forget that our class graduation is this Friday May 9!  AM's program will begin at 9:15 and PM's program will begin at noon.  Please arrive early for seats.  Also, after the program you are welcome to take your child home.

The following week, May 12 - 16 there will be NO KINDERGARTEN  due to testing.  Your child needs to come with you at your assigned date/time for the kindergarten post-assessment.  If you have forgotten your date/time please let me know ASAP.

The last day of kindergarten will be Wednesday May 21.  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know!  Thank you for a wonderful school year --I sure will miss all these kiddos!  jenny.jacobson@washk12.org or 668-5027

No comments:

Post a Comment